OK, what’s going on?
In the UK, the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) has been a vital part of the country’s communication infrastructure for decades. However, the rise of digital communication technology means that the time has come for BT, to switch off the PSTN and replace it with a fully digital system.
The PSTN switch off is expected to be completed by December 2025, which means that businesses and individuals who rely on traditional landline phones will need to make some changes, sooner rather than later.
One of the main reasons for the PSTN switch off is the need for a more advanced, digital communication network that can support the latest technologies and services. Digital networks are faster, more reliable, and provide better quality sound and visuals. They also offer a wider range of features and services that the PSTN cannot support, such as video conferencing and advanced call routing options.
While the PSTN switch off will bring many benefits, it also poses a challenge for businesses and individuals who rely on traditional landline phones. Those who still use traditional landline phones will need to switch to a digital system before the PSTN is switched off in their area. They may need to upgrade their equipment, install new hardware, and make changes to their phone systems to accommodate the new digital technology.
The PSTN switch off is a significant milestone in the history of telecommunications in the UK. While it may pose some challenges for businesses and individuals who rely on traditional landline phones, there will be many benefits.
What do I need to do?
With the right preparation and support, the transition to the new digital system can be made smoothly and without any significant disruption, and that is where PurpleUC comes in.
PurpleUC can help you find out if your current phone system is compatible with Voice Over IP (VoIP) and SIP. If it is then great, but if not, we can help you find a new system that is suited to your needs.
We can help assess all your ‘traditional’ telephone lines, telephone numbers and contracts, figure out which will be affected and come up with a migration strategy to help you upgrade them with the least amount of fuss and risk.
We can advise as to whether your IT network and Internet connection will be up to the job of handing your new VoIP call traffic, giving you time to make improvements and upgrades if necessary.
Are there any benefits to all of this?
Yes, the good news is that there are lots of benefits!
- VoIP allows for more flexibility in terms of where and how you can make and receive calls.
- Keep your existing phone numbers or get new numbers, local numbers, non-geographic numbers, whatever suits your needs.
- SIP can be more cost-effective than traditional phone systems, particularly for international and mobile calls.
- Hosted telephone systems often include additional features such as call forwarding, voicemail, call recording, and more.
- VoIP is scalable and can easily be expanded as your business grows.
- With VoIP, you can easily set up and manage remote and mobile workers.
- Hosted systems eliminate the need for costly hardware, maintenance, and upgrade expenses, as all the technology is hosted in the cloud and maintained by PurpleUC.
- Integrate with other communication tools such as video conferencing and instant messaging.
- Enhance collaboration and productivity by allowing for easy conference calls and screen sharing.
- VoIP generally provides better call quality and clarity than traditional phone systems.
- Increase productivity with features like mobile apps, softphones, and chat, making it easy to communicate with employees and customers from anywhere.
How can PurpleUC help?
It is the ideal time to upgrade your business telephone system.
At PurpleUC, we work with a number of vendors offering VoIP telephony; the perfect solution to avoid any trouble that might otherwise arise from the Big BT Switch Off.
Get in touch now to find out what telephony solution works best for you.