More than ever before, internet connections are a critical part of nearly everything a business does. At PurpleUC we understand that, because your business relies on this for email, Cloud services, and access to the web, but we also know what a difference it can really make to VoIP and calling. VoIP (Voice Over IP – see Phone Jargon for the Non-Techie) is probably the most sensitive service when it comes to the quality of your Internet connection.
What is the right balance of cost vs performance?
It depends. It is almost always true to say that the bigger and faster your Internet connection the better, but there is a trade off between cost, speed and reliability, especially if you are a small business.
Some things to consider:
- Is your connection fast enough to support the number of users you have?
- What would be the impact on your business if you lost your internet connection for a few days?
- With the increase in home working, do your staff have decent connections at home?
- Does your industry need to move large amounts of data around?
- If you intend to use Cloud telephony, does it make sense to spend the money you save on phones on a better Internet connection?
What options do I have?
Most people have lots of options, which means it can be a confusing minefield. Worse still, products that look similar are not always created equal; and it can depend on your geographic location.
We supply a wide range of products, supporting everything from small business to large enterprises, and we work hard to find the best option for you depending on where you are based and what your requirements. Find out more at It’s All About Bandwidth and Untangling Internet Connections.