What is Microsoft Teams Phone?
Microsoft Teams Phone allows you to make regular telephone calls to your customers and other businesses directly from inside Microsoft Teams, just like you would call a colleague.
You can make calls from your desktop or mobile, from any location and from any device, in fact anywhere you can access Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams Phone eliminates the need for expensive on-premises hardware, allowing you to adopt a scalable, flexible, Cloud-based solution.
Is Microsoft Teams here to stay?
It is safe to say that remote working is not going anywhere anytime soon. Teams is a cornerstone of Microsoft’s strategy for the next decade, so Microsoft Teams Phone is only going to get better.
Can it replace my phone system?
Yes, Teams Phone can entirely replace your traditional phone system or stand-alone Voice Over IP (VoIP) phone system. In addition, it will provide you with more flexibility, lower costs and better resilience.
Does it have all the features that I need?
We think so but take a look at the feature list below. If you don’t see what you need, feel free to ask us.
Voicemail to email
to transfer calls
options or ask for a
person by name
the first time
both blind and attended
and control call flows
Do I have to use a softphone and headset?
No. You can use the familiar and reliable Microsoft Teams client on PCs, Macs, and mobile, but there are plenty of options for desk phones, conference phones and meeting room solutions too.
Can I keep my telephone numbers?
Yes, you can. We routinely migrate telephone numbers from various providers, including existing SIP and traditional telephone numbers.
Why should I talk to PurpleUC?
We have a diverse client base, in various vertical markets across legal, financial and charity sectors, catering for all company sizes in the SME sector.
If you are ready to level up your business communications, contact PurpleUC today.
Is it complicated to set up?
Can it reduce my costs?
- There is no requirement for expensive hardware to worry about installing and maintaining.
- Staff adoption is quick and easy as they are already familiar with MS Teams.
- It improves efficiency, productivity, and team collaboration.
- We offer competitive call bundles, eliminating UK national and mobile call costs.
- You can make calls using your existing Internet connection in most cases.
Is it reliable?
- Teams Phone is built on Microsoft’s enterprise grade platform, providing reliability and disaster recovery by design. It is continuously updated, so it is always up to date and secure.
What does Microsoft Teams Phone actually cost?
Set Up Costs (per customer)
- Office 365 setup and integration – £100
- Teams Direct Routing setup – £150
- System build and programming to your
specification – £POA
(depends on requirement and complexity)
Recurring Costs (per user, pcm)
- Team Direct Routing User – £7.50
(includes local/national/mobile call bundle)
Additional Costs (per user, pcm)
- Microsoft Teams Phone Standard Licence
(no calling plan) – £7.50
- Microsoft Common Area Phone
Licence – £6.00
- Support & Maintenance – £POA
Microsoft Teams Phone
Enhanced Microsoft Teams collaboration platform, offering the ability to make and receive phone calls. One trusted app for all your team chat, video and voice calls.
Feature-rich VOIP solution especially suited to challenging environments such as call centres, customer support or large / multi location environments.
Incredibly simple to use, with an attractive pricing model, making 3CX an ideal candidate for school campuses, hotels, retail stores and similar environments.
Mobile services exclusively for the business market providing a simple alternative to the traditional muddle of mobile in the UK. No lock-ins, no long contracts, no hidden costs.
Fibre Ethernet, FTTC, FTTP and more. Whatever your needs, we can help you navigate your way around the various options and help you pick the right product, at the right price.